Leveraging Your Streetlight Infrastructure as the Foundation for Smart City Applications
Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
In their quest to move to “smart” many cities struggle with how to start the journey. In this panel discussion, CIMCON will address how a city can leverage its streetlight network to become the core infrastructure for connecting distributed assets and maximizing the data available from them. Special attention will be paid to discussing how a city can utilize the ecosystem that exists between equipment manufacturers, sensor and application providers to maximize their return on investment.
Questions to be Answers:
- How does a city’s streetlight network become the backbone for the smart city?
- What do we need to look for in evaluating the partnerships that exist between smart city providers?
- What is the most logical way for a city to begin its smart city journey?
- How do you determine which applications are right for your city?
Who Should Attend:
- City and town managers interesting in gaining control over their lighting assets.
- Utilities who seek to fulfill the promise of a Smart City.
- Energy Services Companies (ESCOs) who wish to participate in the Digital Transformation of their customers.
About the Speakers
Vice President, Smart Cities
As Vice President, Smart Cities, Chris is focused on developing CIMCON Lighting's Smart City strategy and creating an ecosystem of related partners. In addition, he provides thought leadership through the creation of relevant whitepapers, blogs and conference presentations. Chris serves as a Mentor/Advisor in the following organizations: Cleantech Open, MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge, MASS Technology Transfer Center, and the Massachusetts Advanced Manufacturing Collaborative – Energy Division.