Smart Traffic Analytics for Smarter Cities
Urban design and traffic planning are both improved when decisions are data driven. With the NearSky smart city platform, officials and planners can easily and reliably collect data about way drivers move around their city. Because no two cities are alike, CIMCON Lighting offers a range of vehicle counting technologies and applications to meet the specific needs of your municipality. Each application can be seamlessly deployed throughout a city using the NearSky 360, CIMCON Lighting’s streetlight-mounted edge data processor which allows you to easily install a variety of sensors and cameras across a city. The NearSky analytics solution uses radar and optical sensors to monitor many different traffic statistics to help cities better understand their streets and ultimately become better places to live and work.
- Comprehensive – collects many data points: presence detection, vehicle classification, speed, direction, count and more.
- A bespoke solution customized to meet the unique needs of each city.
- Pre-configured reports – Vehicle counting data is collected, aggregated and visualized in NearSky Vue, CIMCON’s easy-to-use smart city management software, so you can easily track results and present them to interested parties.
- Convenient installation – no roadway closures required for installation
- Modular and mobile – collect data where you want, when you want and easily move the vehicle counting solution to another location if desired.
- Low bandwidth – NearSky 360’s processes video data at the edge of the network so you don’t have to capture, transmit and store full-length video, just vehicle counts.
- Private – NearSky 360 doesn’t capture full-length video to provide greater privacy protection.
- Reduce vehicle congestion – traffic data can be used to optimize signal timing and traffic patterns creating more efficient streets, eventually reducing wear and tear on the roads and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Plan safer streets – utilize traffic data to inform decision making in urban design, signage, infrastructure or speed calming activity.
- Attract external investment – present reliable and compelling data to attract businesses, public funding.