Blue Light Application
Blue Light Emergency Mobile App
Safety is often cited as a parent’s primary concern as they send their child to college, but many security measures set in place by a university, including blue light emergency kiosks, are outdated and non-functioning. However, CIMCON’s Blue Light Emergency Mobile App replaces these kiosks with a smartphone app that provides greater student access, immediate emergency location information, and comprehensive reports showing areas of possible security concern.
CIMCON's controllers and Central Management Software will provide a college or university with the opportunity to take advantage of the many other benefits available from CIMCON's controllers, including:
- management and health monitoring of lighting assets
- adaptive dimming schedules to conserve energy
- full status reporting
- dashboards and text and email maintenance alerts
How It Works
- Works on CIMCON's iSLC-3100-7P, iSLC-3100-480-7P and iSLC-3300 with a separate "Blue Light" Application software license.
- Designed for the iPhone 5S/5C, 6/6Plus, 7/7Plus, 8/8Plus, X and Android 4.4+.
- Lights can be controlled by the app within a 100-meters radius. Alerts are sent via SMS or Push Notifications to campus security phones.
- A wide variety of application activity reports are available.
- Improves access and therefore safety ( each student phone with this app essentially acts like a “Blue Light” kiosk).
- Does not require expensive and time consuming trenching to install “Blue Light” kiosks throughout the campus.
- Improves reliability over traditional methods.
- Eliminates the need for colleges/universities to maintain and upgrade expensive physical "Blue Light" systems.
- Provides comprehensive dashboard and analysis of potential areas of campus that are more prone to security risks providing an opportunity to address them.