Case Study: Noratex SA, Greece
With more than 39 years’ experience, NORATEX SA is one of Greece’s oldest companies dealing in the importation and distribution of electrical industry products. By following its long term goal of expanding its operation into the energy savings sector, the company has supplied CIMCON’s street light controllers (iSLCs) and wireless gateways based on Power Line Carrier Communication (PLCC) to its client, the Municipality of Nafpaktos. CIMCON’s street light controllers were selected after a thorough analysis of controllers from multiple vendors.
NORATEX SA started a pilot program to control lamp fixtures with iSLC units based on PLCC technology, to manage the iSLC units with PLCC wireless gateways, and to monitor and control lamp fixtures remotely from a Central Management System (CMS). In addition, the pilot program sought to save power by using the dimming capabilities of
the street light controllers.
Cimcon controllers delivered the following results:
- Live and on-demand updates of status
- Dimming capability within status range
- Individual cumulative KWh consumption and real-time KWh use
- Remote control ON/OFF/DIM via real-time controlling & pre-setting
- GPS location, including full address, plug Google Earth imaging