Advisors will use their diverse operating and technology experiences to assist the company in the next stage of growth for the company and its smart city platform.
BEDFORD, Mass., February 6, 2019 – CIMCON Lighting, the leading global provider of outdoor lighting management systems and smart city technologies, today announced that several municipal, technology, and business visionaries have joined the company’s Board of Advisors. They will provide guidance as demand for the company’s smart city solutions increases and the company scales its operations, expands its distribution channels, and broadens the capabilities of NearSky, the company’s smart city platform, to deliver additional smart city solutions.
The Board of Advisors now includes municipal, technology and business leaders who have a rich history of significant accomplishments and are key enablers of smart cities worldwide, including:
- Gordon Feller, Founder, Meeting of the Minds, a non-profit whose mission is to bring together urban sustainability and technology leaders to share knowledge and catalyze lasting alliances. The organization fosters person-to-person and city-to-city learning by spotlighting projects and practitioners working on urban solutions throughout the world. Gordon also advises start-ups and senior executives focused on making investments in energy, transport, and urban technologies – all of them focused on building positive urban futures.
- Bob Bennett, Chief Innovation Officer for the City of Kansas City, Missouri. Bob leads Kansas City’s Smart City initiatives, a suite of projects designed to create a 21st Century Cityscape for 21st Century Citizens. Bob was named one of GovTech’s 25 Dreamers, Doers and Drivers in 2018.
- Makarand “Chips” Chipalkatti, Managing Director, Dr. Chips Consulting, LLC. Dr. Chips is recognized as one of the pioneers in LED lighting and as an industry leader and advisor with various trade, non-governmental and governmental agencies on lighting and energy policy. Prior to his consulting career, Dr. Chips was Senior Director, Solid State Lighting (SSL) and Emerging Market Initiatives for OSRAM in North America.
- Nicola Villa, Senior Vice President, Government Center of Excellence, Strategic Growth at Mastercard. Nicola has more than 20 years of experience at MasterCard, IBM, and Cisco helping leading public and private sector organizations achieve their strategic objectives through digital innovation.
- Scotty M. Hutto, PE, CEM, CEA, Strategy Manager, Georgia Power Company. Scotty has over 35 years in lighting and energy-related experience and currently serves as the Strategy Manager for Georgia Power’s Products & Services Group, setting strategic direction and guiding implementation of new business lines for Georgia Power's Lighting Services, Smart Services, Energy Services, and Utility Services businesses.
“The vast and diverse experiences of the members of our Board of Advisors is an incredible asset for CIMCON Lighting,” said Anil Agrawal, CEO, CIMCON Lighting. “Addressing the needs of cities requires an in-depth understanding of multiple domains, including technology choices, financing options, legislative policies, and utility-city relationships. Our advisors bring expertise that will allow us to better fulfill the smart city visions of cities across the globe.”
Cities, utilities, and energy service companies (ESCOs) can arrange a smart city pilot by visiting https://www.cimconlighting.com/streetvantage-smart-city-pilot-program.
About CIMCON Lighting, Inc.
With a heritage of over 25 years of innovation and experience in industrial automation and outdoor wireless applications, CIMCON Lighting is the world's leading provider of scalable, intelligent wireless outdoor lighting management solutions for traditional, LED and solar-based street lights along with a variety of Smart City devices and applications. Focused on offering solutions that provide the lowest "Lifecycle Cost of Ownership," CIMCON provides hardware and software technologies that allow Cities and Utilities to monitor, maintain and in many cases, monetize their lighting assets and other devices on or near the light pole. CIMCON's "Just in Time Lighting™," reduces energy, maintenance and repair costs while improving the quality of lighting services and enabling the path to a Smart City. CIMCON's lighting management solutions are appropriate for roadways, parking lots and parking garages, corporate and university campuses and a variety of Industrial applications. For more information please visit www.cimconlighting.com.
John Joseph, VP of Marketing, Tel: +1 978-320-4002 x433, Email: email@example.com